Graduates of the Universidad Andrés Bello Visual Arts program will be able to work as mediators or managers of autonomous and institutional cultural projects such as museums, galleries, cultural centers, and governmental organizations; participate in projects with multidisciplinary teams, and teach in the field of visual arts or arts in general.
Graduates of the Universidad Andrés Bello Visual Arts program are professionals capable of developing and managing projects for creating works in different contexts, from an analytical and critical point of view, using multiple resources and technical and technological means.
They use creative disciplines as a tool to manage knowledge at a local and global level, developing proposals and projects from an interdisciplinary perspective.
Visual Arts graduates master the principles and fundamentals of visual language in its different dimensions. From this, they build artworks and projects based on developing individual or collective creations.
The curriculum of the Visual Arts program at Universidad Andrés Bello organizes its Learning Outcomes in the following Action Areas:
I. Field of Action: Interdisciplinary Culture Projects
- RdA 1.- Integrate and synthesize the main phenomena, discussions, conflicts, and changes that determine today’s contemporary cultural reflection in different fields of knowledge
- RdA2.- Use management tools to evaluate the generation of sustainable, innovative proposals in developing projects and enterprises.
- RdA 3.- Create procedures and products through conceptual and technical resources to work in and integrate disciplinary and interdisciplinary contexts.
- RdA 4.- Design projects based on interdisciplinary issues that contribute to responding to complex phenomena in specific contexts.
II. Field of action: Visual Arts Projects
- RdA 1.- Construct analytical and critical points of view, based on the reflection of history and visual culture, for the interpretation of the disciplinary field and the foundation of artistic creation and production.
- RdA 2.- Experiment with processes, media, and techniques for applying and using visual language in artistic or art production.
- RdA 3.- Utilize technology for the projection, communication, and visualization of works, processes, and projects.
- RdA 4.- Develop projects in different media, considering management, production, and artistic creation processes.
III. Scope of action: General Education and English
- RdA 1: Develop critical thinking through argumentation, using oral and written language appropriate to the academic and professional environment, and using a method based on criteria, facts, and evidence.
- RdA 2: Relate academic training to the local environment from the principle of social responsibility, considering the ethical dimension of daily practices and everyday speech in professional practice.
- RdA 3: Develop research projects with their respective ethical considerations, according to quantitative and qualitative methodological approaches recognized by their disciplinary area, effectively utilizing information technologies.
- RdA 4: Develop communication skills in English to function in daily, work, and academic contexts.
Learn about the Visual Arts program curriculum, which belongs to the School of Visual Arts of the School of Architecture, Arts, Design, and Communications.
Download the decree here