Graduates of the Digital Game Design program at Universidad Andrés Bello will be able to work in diverse work environments, either autonomously or in teams, performing work in game design, art direction, programming, and management in public and private organizations, game development studios, advertising agencies, educational institutions, and non-governmental organizations
Graduates of the Digital Game Design program at Universidad Andrés Bello are professionals capable of developing gaming projects ethically, applying artistic and technological methodologies, and emphasizing the development of local imaginaries. They use creative disciplines as a tool to manage knowledge at a local and global level, developing proposals and projects from an interdisciplinary perspective.
Design graduates demonstrate the ability to integrate theoretical, methodological, and practical knowledge in the disciplines of their area of performance, utilizing analog and digital technologies and designing solutions according to the standards of the design culture.
The curriculum of the Digital Game Design program at Universidad Andrés Bello organizes its Learning Outcomes in the following Action Areas:
I. Field of Action: Interdisciplinary Culture Projects
- RdA 1.- Integrate and synthesize the main phenomena, discussions, conflicts, and changes that determine today’s contemporary cultural reflection in different fields of knowledge.
- RdA2.- Use management tools to evaluate the generation of sustainable, innovative proposals in developing projects and enterprises.
- RdA 3.- Create procedures and products through conceptual and technical resources to work in and integrate disciplinary and interdisciplinary contexts.
- RdA 4.- Design projects based on interdisciplinary issues that contribute to responding to complex phenomena in specific contexts.
II. Scope of action: Design of Gaming Applications
- RdA1.- Create original and innovative game mechanics responsibly through meaningful game design processes to develop replayable game proposals.
- RoA2.- Design gaming experiences by applying conceptual, methodological, artistic, and technological tools that present a creative perspective from a local context.
- RdA3. – Develop interactive audiovisual proposals to generate visually attractive and persuasive gaming products consistent with project requirements.
III. Scope of action: General Education and English
- RdA 1: Develop critical thinking through argumentation, using oral and written language appropriate to the academic and professional environment, and using a method based on criteria, facts, and evidence.
- RdA 2: Relate academic training to the local environment from the principle of social responsibility, considering the ethical dimension of daily practices and everyday speech in professional practice.
- RdA 3: Develop research projects with their respective ethical considerations, according to quantitative and qualitative methodological approaches recognized by their disciplinary area, effectively utilizing information technologies.
- RdA 4: Develop communication skills in English to function in daily, work, and academic contexts.
The curriculum of the Digital Game Design program of the School of Design of the School of Architecture, Arts, Design, and Communications.
Download the decree here