Creating in a heterogeneous space open to experimentation, with an academic approach that seeks to encourage students to discover their own creative process: Creative Campus Product Design.
Bachelor of Arts (4 semesters) Bachelor's Degree in Design (8 semesters)
Product Designer (8 semesters)
No admission in the 2022 process
- Program Description
- Why study this career at the Creative Campus
- Characteristics of the Creative Campus Product Designer
- Occupational Field
- Graduate Profile
- Training that enhances creativity through the interaction of related disciplines in a creative environment, expanding personal skills applied to creating the products of the future with effective and efficient solutions.
- Visualization of new trends thanks to a wide network of international alliances with important players in the area and through educational exchanges and collaborative campus projects.
- Emphasis on sustainable solutions, in line with global trends in the responsible use of resources and recycling.
- Extensive use of new technologies, with modern modeling and rapid prototyping labs.
- Training that enhances creativity through the interaction of related disciplines in a creative environment.
- You will learn sustainable solutions in line with global trends in the responsible use of resources and recycling.
- You will have a wide range of new technologies and modern labs.
- Visualizing new trends thanks to a wide network of international alliances and collaborative campus projects.
- The internationalization experience is possible through language courses, intensive programs, and exchanges in prestigious institutions worldwide.
- Capable of managing diverse creative languages and proposing solutions with a coherent discourse according to the context.
- Competent in conceptualizing, designing, and shaping innovative products designed to meet the demands of a changing industry and society.
- Capable of articulating cultural and technical factors to achieve convincing and effective communication.
- Bilingual and able to understand and communicate in English at the b2 level, according to the Common European Framework of Reference.
Graduates of the Product Design program at Universidad Andrés Bello can work in the areas of product design and entrepreneurship ventures, working in different contexts such as companies and design or advertising studios, in interior exhibition design, point of sale planning, image departments, and cultural institutions or be dedicated to product research and development. Similarly, they can work in manufacturing industries designing materials, objects, or spaces; or independently in any of the mentioned areas
Graduates of the Product Design program at Universidad Andrés Bello base their work on the values of excellence, respect, and social responsibility, distinguishing themselves as proactive professionals, prepared to face a globalized world, and with the capacity to lead and innovate. They also demonstrate awareness of the social commitment involved in their professional performance and possess a critical, flexible, and cooperative attitude that allows them to self-evaluate their work and integrate interdisciplinary teams. Their training contemplates the development of a skill set that allows them to achieve the learning results of general education, defined as the educational seal of the Institution:
- Develop critical thinking through argumentation, using oral and written language appropriate to the academic and professional environment, and using a method based on criteria, facts, and evidence.
- Relate academic training to the local environment from the principle of social responsibility, considering the ethical dimension of daily practices and everyday speech, and in professional practice.
- Develop research projects with their respective ethical considerations, according to quantitative and qualitative methodological approaches recognized by their disciplinary area, effectively utilizing information technologies.
- Develop communication skills in English to function in daily, work, and academic contexts.
Product Designers are creative and critical leaders always prepared for entrepreneurship, with a clear sense of social and environmental responsibility, capable of communicating their knowledge and know-how and making efficient use of technological and artistic supports. Their specialization in a creative, entrepreneurial, open, and community-oriented environment allows them to identify changes in their context, adopt diverse conceptual, methodological, and productive tools, and recognize differentiated lines of interest.
Upon graduation, they demonstrate specific capabilities to integrate disciplinary and professional training to develop activities in their area. They also understand the fundamentals and conceptual components of the discipline and possess the knowledge and skills necessary to manage the development and production of consumer goods, defining the use, determining the form, and specifying the production and life cycle of products that respond to commercial, experimental and educational objectives.
Furthermore, Product Design graduates have a solid professional background, which allows them to conceptualize, design, or transform objects or ideas to make them useful, practical, and visually attractive, oriented to interpreting and satisfying the demands of the industry and society. They are characterized by defining and solving problems through exploration, experimentation, and verification, allowing them to make feasible and effective proposals, as well as to be careful in the use of available resources and the social and environmental impact of their implementation.
The training received enables our professionals to perform in the following fields of action, with their corresponding learning outcomes:
I. Interdisciplinary Scope:
- Develop co-creation processes, with the participation of the community, technicians, and professionals from different areas, and based on the synergy of innovative and feasible ideas and actions.
- To manage processes oriented to defined objectives based on a strategic organization, from the efficient use of available human, energy, and material resources.
- To create networks of media contacts and diffusion, in the context of a globalized society, practicing their English when necessary.
II. Product Design:
- Interpret contextual variables associated with the problems or opportunities to provide creative and innovative solutions.
- Design innovative solutions for products and services using different types of methodologies and techniques.
- Craft project presentations, mock-ups, and product models, through different graphic techniques and various communication supports.
III. Product Development:
- Create visualizations of concepts, products, and projects applying analog and digital techniques according to the stage of development.
- Project solutions associated with models, products, and components, considering quality, production, and implementation variables.
- Document project development stages associated with management, considering regulations and production and implementation requirements.
- Prototype models, products, or constructive components, as determined by production and implementation variables.