Graduates of the Clothing and Textile Design program at Universidad Andrés Bello will be able to work in multiple fields, either independently or in teams, developing collections in different areas, trend forecasting, fashion editorials, fashion and textile content creation in different formats, retail offices, theatrical productions, audiovisual production, and events.
Graduates of the Clothing and Textile Design program are professionals capable of creating products and services in the fields of fashion, clothing, and textile in different formats, with social and environmental responsibility. They use creative disciplines as a tool to manage knowledge at a local and global level, developing proposals and projects from an interdisciplinary perspective.
Design graduates demonstrate the ability to integrate theoretical, methodological, and practical knowledge in the disciplines of their area of performance, utilizing analog and digital technologies and designing solutions according to the standards of the design culture.
The curriculum of the Costume and Textile Design program at Universidad Andrés Bello organizes its Learning Outcomes in the following Action Areas:
I. Field of Action: Interdisciplinary Culture Projects
- RdA 1.- Integrate and synthesize the main phenomena, discussions, conflicts, and changes that determine today’s contemporary cultural reflection in different fields of knowledge.
- RdA2.- Use management tools to evaluate the generation of sustainable, innovative proposals in developing projects and enterprises.
- RdA 3.- Create procedures and products through conceptual and technical resources to work in and integrate disciplinary and interdisciplinary contexts.
- RdA 4.- Design projects based on interdisciplinary issues that contribute to responding to complex phenomena in specific contexts.
II. Field of action: Systems, Processes, and Materials
- RdA1.- Formulate analytical and critical points of view from the reflection of the clothing culture as the foundation of clothing and textile projects.
- RdA2.- Design of clothing, textile, and product projects in the field of fashion, from standard and experimental patterns, for the manufacture, production, and creation of design with professional authorial results.
- RdA3.- Apply analog and digital techniques in the production of processes and projects of clothing, apparel, and textile.
- RdA4.- Use conceptual and technical resources with social and environmental responsibility in the field of clothing and textiles.
III. Scope of action: General Education and English
- RdA 1: Develop critical thinking through argumentation, using oral and written language appropriate to the academic and professional environment, and using a method based on criteria, facts, and evidence.
- RdA 2: Relate academic training to the local environment from the principle of social responsibility, considering the ethical dimension of daily practices and everyday speech in professional practice.
- RdA 3: Develop research projects with their respective ethical considerations, according to quantitative and qualitative methodological approaches recognized by their disciplinary area, effectively utilizing information technologies.
- RdA 4: Develop communication skills in English to function in daily, work, and academic contexts.
Learn about the Curriculum of the Clothing and Textile Design program of the School of Design of the School of Architecture, Arts, Design, and Communications.
Download the decree here